Doug Burgoyne's views on local government include:
- Financially responsible, don't spend money that we don't have.
- Socially inclusive and tolerant, live your life as you see best for yourself and your family, as long as you are not violating the rights of others.
- Government and others should not tell you how to live your life.
- I strongly believe in the rights of ALL people, regardless of social status, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. All people are equally important.
- I strongly believe in the Constitution of the United States, I have sworn to defend it, I have risked my life in its defense, and I will always fight to do what's right by our Constitution.
I would represent ALL residents of Allendale equally, always choosing to do what protects the rights of ALL.
I would simplify the planning board process so that our local residents do not have to expend excess time and resources for approval.